TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our Terms & Conditions
Policy & Procedure for Admissions Appeals and Complaints 2018-2019
- Mont Rose College of Management and Sciences is committed to high quality and transparent Admission Policy and Procedures. But there will be times when the applicant is not satisfied with the admission process and wish to file a complaint. Therefore, admissions complaint and appeals policy has been designed in line with chapter B2 and indicator 3 of the Quality Code.
An appeal is a formal request for a selection decision be reviewed and will only be considered where there are adequate grounds (as set out below). An applicant can request a review of a decision concerning the application with regards to procedural grounds, within 2 weeks of the decision being made.
- Any applicant may complain or appeal against the handling of his/her admission application if there is a reason to believe that;
- If the admission decision contradicts the published entry criteria
- Administration or procedural error in handling applications
- Concerns regarding staff behaviour in handling the admission application
- Emergence of information which may have affected the decision and which was not available at the time of the original decision.
- Complaints or Appeals will not be considered:
- If the applicant is disappointed with the selection decision made on academic grounds
- If the dispute concerns a decision from a previous admissions cycle or one that has already been accepted by the applicant
Complaints Procedure: Chapter –B2 – Indicator -3
- Mont Rose College is committed to resolve admission queries quickly and informally. In the first instance the applicant should contact the relevant Admission Advisor for feedback and an explanation as to why their application was unsuccessful. If the course of action proves unsatisfactory, then the formal complaints and appeals policy will apply.
- If the applicant is not satisfied with the outcome of the application and the feedback received or there is some new information, he/she may complain in writing to the College Admissions Manager. An applicant must provide the following information:
- Name and Address
Grounds for the complaint
An indication of the outcome being sought
- The Admission Manager shall investigate the complaint and shall respond to the applicant within 15 days of the receipt of the complaint. (If it should prove impossible to respond fully within 15 working days, the applicant shall be informed in writing of the revised date).
Appeals Procedure: Chapter B2 –Indicator -3
- Where an applicant remains dissatisfied with the written response received regarding their complaint, or there is substantial new information, he/she may appeal in writing to the Admission Manager by completing the Applicant Appeal Form together with any supporting documentation, within 15 working days following the receipt of their formal feedback.
5.1 The Admission Manager shall investigate the appeal and shall respond to the appellant within 15 working days of receipt of the appeal. (If it should prove impossible to respond fully within 15 working days, the applicant shall be informed in writing of the revised date).
5.2 The Admission Manager may request additional information from either the applicant or relevant staff and may convene a meeting to discuss the appeal. The Admission Manager will inform either:
The appeal is upheld and the College will take appropriate action
The appeal is not upheld and will communicate the reasons for this decision and confirm that no action will be taken
5.3 The decision reached by the Admission Manager is final and will be communicated to the appellant and relevant staff within 15 working days of considering the appeal.
Applicant Appeal Form
This is only for the purpose of submitting a formal appeal in accordance with the Mont Rose College Admissions Complaints and Appeals Policy. Please read this information prior to submitting the form as we may be unable to consider an inappropriate or incomplete submission.
If you have any queries concerning the completion or submission of this form, please contact the Head of Admissions Mr. Jodat at email@example.com
|Applicant Number/ UCAS Personal ID:|
|Course(s) applied to:|
Please provide details of your appeal below (please provide copies of any communications regarding your application or feedback received)
Continue on separate sheets if necessary
Please explain why you are not satisfied with the feedback or communications you have received.
Limitation of liability: THE STUDENT’S ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE
I confirm that I have completed this form and to the best of my knowledge the information provided is complete and accurate. I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions in this form and the College’s Policies and Procedures. I am acutely aware that failure to comply with the College’s Policies and Procedures may lead to my admission at Mont Rose College of Management and Sciences being cancelled.