Mont Rose College of Management and Sciences offers HND in Business Accounting and Finance course with the approval of BTEC Edexcel. Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications are designed to prepare learners for their employment in a specific industry.
|Awarding Body||Pearson Edexcel|
|Level of Course||HND course is a Level 5 qualification (equivalent to the second year of a UK Bachelor’s Degree). There is an embedded Level 4 exit qualification, the HNC.|
|Number of Credit Hours||Upon successful completion of the course the student will have completed at least 15 units and 240 + credits. On completion of HNC the student will have completed at least 8 units and 120 + credits.|
|BTEC Higher National Certificate (1 Year)||The HNC is a Level-4 qualification delivered over one year. The HNC is an embedded component of the HND. However, it can be taken as a stand- alone qualification. If a student opts to take the HNC the student they would be eligible for a Higher National Certificate after successful completion of a minimum of 8 modules.|
|BTEC Higher National Diploma (2 Years)||The HND is a Level-5 qualification delivered over two years, the first year at Level 4 and the second year at Level 5. If a student opts to take the HND business, the student they would be eligible for a Higher National Diploma after successful completion of a minimum of 15 modules.|
|Attendance||Full-time students are required to attend 21 hours per week in term time.|
|Workload||Total Qualification Time (TQT) is an estimate of the total amount of time required for a student to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a qualification. Each 15-credit module approximates to a TQT of 150 hours and 60 hours of Guided Learning.|
|Exemptions||No exemptions are allowed for this programme.|
Intended Learning Outcomes
After completing the course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of organisations, the external environment in which they operate, how they are managed and a thorough understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of the business field.
- Conduct research.
- Demonstrate cognitive skills of critical thinking, ability to solve structured and unstructured business problems.
- Communicate both orally and in writing, effectively and appropriately.
- Read and use literature on business accounting with a good, critical understanding .
- Be able to think independently and solve problems in accounting, auditing and taxation.
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems.
- Recognise and be able to discuss the moral and ethical issues in accountancy.
- Appreciate the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct in accounting.
- Have the capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a logical way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Be able to appreciate the interdisciplinary nature of business.
- Have a degree of specialisation in accountancy through the optional modules.
- COURSE CONTENTS
The award is made up of 15 units:
- Business Environment.
- Marketing Essentials.
- Human Resource Management.
- HND Accounting & Operations.
- Management Accounting.
- Managing a Successful Business Project.
- Research Project.
- Organisational Behaviour.
Accounting and Finance Pathway
- Financial Reporting.
- Financial Management.
- Advanced Management Accounting.
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
- Financial Accounting.
- Business Strategy.
- Sales Management.
- TEACHING & LEARNING
Teaching & Learning:
Learners must achieve a minimum of 240 credits to be awarded the Level 5 HND in Business Accounting and Finance.
The teaching and learning strategy for the HND/C Business Accounting and Finance is explicitly designed to contribute to the achievement of intended learning outcomes which are clearly expressed at programme and module level.
The general approach to enabling the learning process for most modules involves:
Activities which can contribute to the Total Qualification Time include:
- Classroom- based learning, supervised by a tutor.
- Work-based learning, supervised by a tutor.
- Live webinar or telephone tutorial with a tutor in real time.
- E-learning, supervised by a tutor in real time.
- All forms of assessment which take place under the immediate guidance or supervision of a tutor.
- Independent and unsupervised research/learning.
- Unsupervised compilation of a portfolio of work experience.
- Unsupervised e-learning.
- Unsupervised e-assessment.
- Unsupervised coursework.
- Watching a pre-recorded podcast or webinar.
- Unsupervised work-based learning.
Student achievement in assessment in all units is graded as ‘Pass’ ‘Merit’ or ‘Distinction’. The assessments are based on assignments, presentations, case studies and role-plays. The students’ work is assessed internally by our qualified professors. An External Verifier checks procedures and results.
Subject Benchmark Statement:
General Business and Management 2007, available at: Click Here
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Mont Rose College recruits students of good achievement from all educational backgrounds. Proven previous exam results are the main criteria for admission to Mont Rose College. International (Tier-4) students also need to show the English language competence in order to secure admission.
The following criteria must be met in order to secure admission to Mont Rose College.
Academic(at least one of the following)
For students from non-English speaking countries as defined by the regulators IELTS 6.0 or CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference) B2 level and above in reading, writing, listening and speaking is required.
Restrictions on Learner Entry:The Edexcel BTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) for learners aged 18 years and over.
Start Date:New intakes each January/April/September.
Total Course Duration:2 years
- PEARSON QUALIFICATIONS
Progression Route on completion
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Management degree (Accounting and Finance) offers a progression route for learners to be employed in the accounting, auditing and financial services industries. The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Administration Courses (Accounting and Finance) is useful for learners who wish to progress to a Bachelors Degree and provides exemptions from parts of HND Accounting Institutes’ professional qualifications if that route is chosen.
- TUITION FEE
The tuition fee is £6000 per annum. Students on this course may be fully funded by the Student Loan Company.This facility is only available to UK and other
European Union students. For more information, please contact the admissions team at email@example.com or T: +44 20 8556 5009
Awarding Body Registration Fee:
The Pearson fee for HND Accounting registration is £182.60 paid by the College at the time of student enrolment. This fee is payable in addition to the tuition fee.
- HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply
Please download the application form from www.mrcollege.ac.uk. Complete and return it to Mont Rose College with relevant qualification documents, one suitable reference and a copy of your passport via email and attached scanned document copies to firstname.lastname@example.org or, by post to Mont Rose College, 267 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Greater London, IG1 4TG.
Admission & Study Location: Mont Rose College, Ilford Campus