“Mont Rose College is holding its
eighth graduation ceremony“
Welcome to the Graduation Ceremony for Mont Rose College, taking place on the 16th of June 2023 at the stunning City Gates Christ Church. We are thrilled to invite the graduates, their families and friends to this special occasion to celebrate your academic achievements.
Mont Rose College is proud to offer a fantastic lunch menu for all attendees. Our team of chefs will be preparing an amazing selection of dishes for you to enjoy. From vegan options to classic dishes, we have something for everyone.
To create a memorable atmosphere, our graduation ceremony will be decorated to perfection. You will be greeted by a stunning floral arch, and our event space will be adorned with beautiful decorations. To add to the celebratory mood, we will be providing welcome drinks for all attendees.
As the ceremony commences, you will be welcomed with trumpets playing, announcing the beginning of the graduation ceremony. It will be an emotional and uplifting moment for everyone.
Not only that, Mont Rose College has organised a special vintage bus tour of Ilford. This is a great opportunity for you to explore the town with your loved ones and enjoy the sights and sounds of London.
We are thrilled to celebrate your academic success with you and look forward to welcoming you to our Graduation Ceremony. Please mark your calendars for the 16th of June 2023 at City Gates Christ Church, and we will see you there!
This is your special day and we are here to make it memorable for you
Confirming Your Space
If you are eligible to be invited, then you will already have been contacted. Once you have confirmed your attendance, you will receive an email and a booklet that details all the necessary information about the day, including venue and gown hire.
Please confirm via email your space and attendance.
Your registration will be free of charge as well one additional guest (over 18 only). At a later date, we will be in contact with the seating arrangement.
Our ceremony will take place on Friday 16th June 2023 from 1:00pm onwards at City Gates Conference Centre, located at 25 – 29 Clements Road, Ilford, IG11 BH.
The venue is just off the High Street in Ilford Town Centre. It is a quick 5-minute walk from Ilford Station, on the Great Eastern Main Line. The station is easily reachable via Stratford and Central London.
There are multiple bus routes serving Ilford Town Centre, including 86, 128, 169, 396, 679, plus many more. Buses that run through Clements Road (Redbridge Central Library) include 25, 123, 147, 462 and many others.
Our official gowns will be hired through Ede and Ravenscroft.
We would recommend using the following link: https://www2.edeandravenscroft.com/graduation/ to hire your gown.
Step-By-Step Guide on Hiring Your Gown
On The Day
Doors open at 10:30 am
Collect your tickets from the ticket collection desk inside the venue.
You will be able to collect your tickets 2 hours before the start of your ceremony from the ticket collection desk. The location of the ticket collection desk will be confirmed at a later time.
Collect your gown from Ede & Ravenscroft at the venue.
You will be able to collect your gown 2 hours before the start of the ceremony.
Have your professional photograph taken by Ede & Ravenscroft.
Our official Photographers are Ede & Ravenscroft, whose location will disclosed at a later time.
Arrive at the Main Reception on the Ground Floor 2 hours before your ceremony. All graduates and guests must be seated 30 minutes before the ceremony start time.
Please note latecomers will not be admitted, so it is very important for you to allow plenty of time to travel to the venue.
All ticket holders are welcome to enjoy live music from a Fanfare Trumpets with light refreshments along with their guest.
What to Wear
The Graduation Ceremony is a formal occasion and we request graduates and their guests to dress in formal attire. Ladies can wear elegant dresses, skirts or pantsuits, while gentlemen can wear suits or tuxedos. Academic gown is compulsory to attend the ceremony.
Jeans, sweatshirts, trainers, etc. are not acceptable forms of dress for the Graduation Ceremony.
Book your Graduation Day now:
Please use the form provided below to book your Graduation day. Alternatively, please email your confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your student number and full name.
Mont Rose College
Mont Rose House
Address: 412-416 Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill
Postcode: IG2 6NQ
Tel: 020 8556 5009
Umber Mokal (Event Manager)
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1029
For Gown Hire:
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1013
Others to Contact
Ms Arrani Kugathas
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1031
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1003
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- It is your responsibility to read through, understand the Terms and Conditions below and contact the College if you have any queries.
- Attendance is subject to venue capacity and Mont Rose College holds the right to delay or defer a student’s attendance to a later ceremony should this be necessary to stay within the lines of the venue’s health and safety requirements.
- Confirmation is subject to space and availability and you will be contacted once your seat has been finalised.
- Late confirmations are subject to availability and cancellations.
- If you have not yet confirmed your attendance, you will be put on a waiting list and your place will be subject to cancellations. Alternatively, anyone eligible to attend who is not able to attend this time will be on a priority list for our next ceremony.
- All attendees must confirm their details with the College, as well as their guests’ in order to attend, so that they can comply with security requirements.
- Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be transferred to a different attendee or ceremony.
- Academic dressing is compulsory for all graduates attending the ceremony.
- Gown bookings can be made using the method detailed above.
- Graduates are responsible for hiring and paying for their own gown, hat and photography.
- Mont Rose College reserves the right to refuse admittance to graduates who are not wearing the academic dress, or who are inappropriately dressed.
- Mont Rose College’s Graduation Ceremony will be professionally filmed and a photographer will be present.
- Both footage and photographs may be used by the College for media publications, advertising and future graduation promotions.
- By registering to attend the ceremony and purchasing guest tickets, graduates are given permission for the recording, transmission and use of images (both still and moving) of the graduate and their guests. Mont Rose College retains all rights in any images.
- Graduates and guests are asked not to use flash photography during the ceremony so as not to disturb other guests or affect the professional filming of photography.
- By registering to attend, graduates are given permission for their name to be printed in the graduation program and on the graduation booklet that is published by Mont Rose College.
- Graduation is a formal occasion and as per venue guidelines, no guest under the age of 18 is allowed to attend.
- Graduates must inform the Events Team of any special requirements, including dietary, at their earliest convenience. Graduates must include as much information as possible in their requests to ensure that it can be accommodated appropriately.
- It is the responsibility of the graduate to ensure that their contact details are kept up to date on their student record, as the Events Team will invite graduates to attend via phone calls and email addresses on their student record.
- Mont Rose College is not responsible if invitations are not received by graduates because their contact details are not kept up to date.
- Degree certificates are not presented on stage at Graduation Ceremony. Instead, as soon as you’re certificate is ready, we will contact you to ask if you’d like it posted or you’d like to collect it in person.
- Mont Rose College has the right to refuse entry to both graduates and guests at Graduation events.
- Graduates and guests must arrive dressed appropriately for a formal occasion.
- All graduates and guests must arrive at the ceremony venue no later than 1 hour before the start of the ceremony.
- Mont Rose College reserves the right to ask any person to leave the premises if they are acting in a manner, which, in the opinion of the College, may cause a breach of peace and/or cause harm to others or cause damage to the premises.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Events Team can only discuss a graduation ceremony with the graduate. Information cannot be disclosed to anyone other than the graduate.
- All students’ names will be taken directly from the student records system.
- If graduates do not wish for their names to appear on the programme or on merchandise, they must inform the Events Team in writing by email by no later than 18th February 2022.
- If a graduation ceremony cannot take place or is delayed due to circumstances beyond the control of Mont Rose College, the College will not be liable for any losses directly, or otherwise, incurred by graduates and their guests. This includes, but is not limited to: fires, explosions, terrorist acts (or threat of terrorist act), an act of God, pandemics, industrial action or dispute involving Mont Rose College, or the venue at which the ceremonies are due to be held.
- Should you not wish to attend a graduation ceremony, you will have still graduated upon successful completion of your course.
- Though it is expected that at the time of the ceremony, restrictions will serve as guidelines instead of requirements, all ceremony attendees have a social responsibility to take caution in regard to the Covid-19 pandemic. The College encourages all attendees to maintain safe distancing from one another and wear masks to protect themselves, as well as others.
- When registering attendance, graduates will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions and will not be able to purchase tickets without doing this.
- Mont Rose College confirms that failure to comply with the above Terms and Conditions may result in a graduate losing their place at the Graduation ceremony.
Down the memory lane
History of Graduation Ceremonies
The tradition of graduation dates back 800 years. This initiated with establishment of first universities in Europe in the 12th century. The language of instruction was Latin and so was the medium of discourse in the ceremonies.
Graduation ceremonies are more relevant in present times, they signify as a landmarks and are of great importance to the institutions as well as the students.
Mont Rose College follows the tradition and is holding its sixth graduation ceremony in June 2022.
Mont Rose college graduation days through the years