Is accounting the most boring profession to go into?
Accountants are boring. How often have you heard that unkind sentiment voiced when discussing which degree course and career to pursue? There are many reasons why accountancy is not a boring career choice; in fact, it’s positively cool! Choosing to complete your degree final year at a college in London puts you right at the heart of the City, where openings for newly qualified accountants are abundant.
1. Being an accountant allows you to understand all areas of business operation. Most important business decisions rely on the financial impact of a particular strategy, and accounting can play an important role in the planning process. Your professional advice as company accountant will help your peers to make the right financial decisions in steering the business to success.
2. Accounting is essential for all businesses. As an accountant, you have the opportunity to work in a wide range of different business environments. You could pursue a career in an area that interests you specifically, which guarantees you’ll never be bored, or indeed, boring.
3. You will become fully conversant with the jargon and vernacular used daily by financial leaders around the world. If you can talk the talk, you’re halfway to walking the walk too, climbing the career ladder or even starting up your own enterprise.
4. If you work for a large firm of accountants, no two days will ever be alike. You will enjoy a wide variety of tasks and will always be learning new things, so you’ll never get bored. You will work on different and diverse projects, and this experience will help you to develop your business acumen as you learn from those you are working with. All this experience will only help you to grow and develop your own career.
5. For many people, preparing their tax return is a real headache, but not for an accountant. For you, it will be more of a challenge, and the satisfaction to be gained from bringing order to chaos should not be underestimated.
6. Every task you carry out as an accountant is pivotal in the smooth running of the company. No business can remain viable without these tasks being completed correctly. Your role is key to the success of the business – and that’s not boring!
7. When deciding what line of accounting to pursue, you have to think outside the box. Imagine how exciting it is to calculate budgets, financial reporting and accounting for a rock star’s world tour, for example.
Hopefully, this article will give you a fresh outlook on the career of an accountant and the opportunities it offers. For more information on how you can start studying towards a career in accountancy, why not check out Mont Rose College, Ilford, London, to see what great courses they offer?