Education plays a significant role in life. More and more young people prefer be independent as soon as they can, so the interest in business studies among youngsters has grown significantly. They no longer want to work under somebody else and be satisfied with the pay they will get. Many students dream of being young and successful entrepreneurs. If you are one among them; or someone who is already into a profession or running a business, but want to upgrade your knowledge and status, a business course will be ideal for you.
Though many people would love to pursue their studies in business and management, they lack the time and resources to complete a full three-year degree program. Hence the popularity of a two-years Higher National Diploma course.
Is an HND in business qualification worth it? This article will try to guide you, so you will be able to answer this question yourself.
What Is an HND in Business Management?
The Higher National Diploma in Business Management is an industry-focused vocational course. As you will be learning through engaging projects, case studies and group work, you will be better equipped to enter a successful management career. During the course of study, you will learn how to manage the problems faced by today’s managers, and so it will be easy to face real-world situations.
What Will You Learn in HND Business Management Course?
This course will help you deepen your knowledge in the basic areas of business and management, essential before you enter the professional world. You will complete this higher education qualification by studying 16 modules, which include leadership and management, law, ethics, business challenge, accounting and finance, customer management, web and e-business, human resource management, and marketing. You will also be doing a business research project, which will give you the needed work experience and understanding of business concepts.
Who Can Study HND in Business Management Course?
As business management courses gives the learner a purpose for proper management, it is of great help for people in different sectors of business.
- It is ideal for those who dream of setting up their own business.
- It is also useful for people who already run a business and are willing to learn more cognitive skills.
- It can also be beneficial for those who are into a job and seek promotion.
- Not only for the ones who wish to start a business, but this course will also help those students who aim to get placed in managerial posts.
What Are The Entry Requirements For HND Business Management Course?
- You are required to have a level 3 qualification or an equivalent.
- If you are a mature learner, yet lack the formal qualifications, you are required to present a profile of achievement in the form of 2 years related work experience. You will also be subject to relevant entry assessments.
- The entry requirement also includes English proficiency level comparable to IELTS 5.5.
- You will have to pass an academic interview.
- It would help if you were showing above-average performance in a relevant subject GCSE Advanced level profile or an adequate performance in more than one subject.
What Are The Career prospects for an HND in Business Management Holder?
On successful completion of this course, your career prospects in various sectors, such as marketing, advertising, human resources and administration or project management will expand. During this course, you will learn the needed business skills and can be placed in several positions such as:
A marketing consultant who will track sales, devise new ones and improve the existing marketing strategy, and also develop the tracking methods of marketing. As a marketing consultant, you can choose to work either independently, or as part of a consulting firm, and expect to be paid around £30,511, per annum.
A Project Manager who will develop, manage and execute projects and also devise and budget communication plans, allocate goals and tasks to their subordinates. A project manager can be paid around £42,074 per annum.
A Team Supervisor or Team Leader, when you will be supervising a team of people, monitoring their performance and providing constructive feedback, and also will set reasonable goals for each person, based on their strengths and weaknesses and using effective motivation techniques encourage your subordinates to achieve their objectives. On average, a team leader will earn around £24,210 per annum.
And also as a Team Supervisor or Team Leader. In this profession you will be supervising a team of subordinate people, monitoring their performance and providing constructive feedback, and also will set reasonable goals for each person based on their strengths and weaknesses and encourage them to achieve it. On average, a team leader will earn around £24,210 per annum.
Although we have only mentioned few of many existing job opportunities, the HND Business Management students can expect to be posted in many other prestigious and well-paid jobs. The salary expectations also vary, depending upon the area of expertise and work and is most probably always in the hike.
What Are the Advantages of Choosing an HND in Business Management Course?
- HND courses are only two years long. You will gain the qualification, knowledge and skills to enter the professional world much earlier than other professional courses.
- HND is level 5 qualification with Higher National Certificate level 4 mbedded. The HNC is a stand-alone qualification by itself.
- On completing an HND course in Business Management, you will gain 240 credit points.
- After completing the HND business management degree, you can further your studies by directly joining the third year of a full Honours Bachelor’s degree at a university.
- The tuition fees for HND courses are relatively low when compared to other courses. Therefore, you do not have to spend your fortune on education.
- As HND in business management is a BTEC qualification, it is recognized all over the world, allowing you to start your business or career, anywhere in the world.