According to the trends and surveys of the recent market done by the British Hospitality Association, there are around 1.9 million people who are currently working in the hospitality industry. The industry has become increasingly popular in the past decade and the number of jobs has increased multiple times. We do know that varied shifts can be long and tiring but a vast multitude of people who work in hospitality job have a passion for this work. If you are someone who is considering hospitality management UK, this article will be perfect for you.
Then we will tell you which course is the most beneficial for your career in the hospitality industry. We will also tell you about the best college from which you can study this course to give new wings to your career clearly and with the latest facts.
- You make people’s life pleasant – Even if you are a concierge in a hotel or a kitchen porter working behind the scenes or even involved in the management of the hospitality business, you should be happy that every time you come to work you make someone’s day. Your existence in the industry makes people’s travel experience so much better. This business is all about people and serving others. It is not about making spreadsheets and contacting others for profits. You work so that you can please others and there is no other ulterior benefit in that.
- It’s Creative – Your job will never be boring. There will always be a need for creative ideas and inspiration in this people based industry. Every problem that you will face will be different from the other and you will be motivated to find a solution to everything in your own way. You will influence people’s decisions and experienced very significantly. You will be creating a common product that will be the image of the organization after the combined outcome of the food, drinks and experience. There will always be a scope to make things more enjoyable to the customers.
- Makes you a worldwide citizen – Every country in this world, however small or big, has a hospitality industry. The skills that you will learn in one job are readily transferable. This means that with your experience of hospitality management in one industry, you can apply for the similar jobs in a different country and everything will still be equally valuable. If the hotel group that you work for, has business in many other countries, you can travel to those locations because of work. The advantage is that exotic locations have more opportunity as compared to any other type of job.
- You can’t get stuck – With many other jobs, people have the belief that they will be stuck in one job and one location for their entire lifetime. As your career in the hospitality industry advances, you will realise that things will never become stagnant. Every day is a new customer and new challenge. If you get bored with one type of work, there are so many other jobs that you can take up in the same organisation and there will be absolutely no problem. This job will not let you get stuck when it comes to career growth as the possibilities here are truly endless.
- Not 9-5 – If you are a person who never believed in the routine 9 to 5 jobs, this industry can be the real deal for you. You get to work on flexible shifts. There are many people who find it difficult to be productive during the day. For those people, working in a night shift will be the perfect thing. If you are not the person who gets excited about waking up at the same time every day, having the same boring breakfast and following the same routine every day, this job is perfect for you. You will be able to live a life full of spontaneity and excitement. There will be the great difference on not only the hours that you work in but also the work that you do during those hours.
- Great Perks – One of the biggest benefits of working in this industry is the huge number of perks that come along with it. The employee perks include access to the luxury resources of the hotel property. You can use these resources at the time of your job based on your job description. Food is probably the biggest advantage when working in the hotel business. You get to eat amazing quality food prepared by world class chefs for absolutely free and there will be a possibility to take things home when there is some food prepared for access. The employee discounts are great as well. You have the ability to stay in world class locations with your near and dear ones on every vacation and all of this because of your job. The spa and swimming pool are also included in the perks of hospitality jobs,
We hope we have been able to tell you completely about the advantages of having a job in the hospitality management UK. The course titles hospitality management UK is perfect if you are considering a job in the hospitality industry. The best course for this would be HND Hospitality Management. The best college for this course in UK will be Mont Rose College.
Mont Rose College of Management and Sciences in London offers this course with the approval of BTEC Edexcel. The Pearson BTEC Level-5 HND Hospitality Management course provides a specialist work – related programme of study that covers key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the hospitality industry and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialised units.
The level of the course is HND which means it is a higher national diploma which is equivalent to the second year of a bachelor’s degree in UK. The course involves a Level 4 qualification higher national certificate.
The student will have to complete 240 credits in total in order to score the degree for a higher national diploma. The mode of study for this course is full time. The study load of this course is just enough to make you work hard but not completely immersive. The students have to spend around 8-10 hours each week in order to get this degree. The full time students also have to maintain an attendance of 21 hours per week for the successful completion of this programme.
We hope you have understood that Mont Rose College in Uk is the best choice for hospitality management UK. If you choose this college, you can be sure that your career will not any limits. As the time of the course and your experience with the college advances, you will be able to put a finger on the personality changes that you will experience and your level of knowledge will increase significantly as well. After taking this course you will be able to work at the front office in the hotel, work as a food and beverage manager and events manager for any hotel.