Studying for an accounting and finance degree provides excellent graduate prospects and opportunities to work in some of the most prestigious companies and accountancy practices. Studying finance helps you train and prepare for a business career and develops business awareness. Financial accountants offer all the skills needed by businesses and are in constant demand, making the field of accountancy a rapidly growing career option. Accountancy graduates often have the skills and expertise to move into other areas of business and progress up the career ladder.
More reasons to study Accounting and finance degree
Check out more reasons to study for a degree in accounting and finance below:
1. Accounting and finance degree is a great choice for anybody hoping to join some of the best graduate training schemes. Joining an established company as a graduate trainee offers a more structured training program and greater opportunities for career progression and personal growth.
2. The accountancy profession is never likely to drop in popularity. Every business needs accountants and finance professionals in order to comply with relevant legislation and business procedures. You just need to keep updated on changes within the finance profession to ensure you’ll always be a highly prized and employable member of staff.
3. Accountants are the mainstay of any business or commercial operation. Graduate accountants can work in any industry or sector as the skills and knowledge they possess can be transferred across businesses.
4. Accounting and finance degrees complement a wide spectrum of additional degree subjects, so it’s possible to study for a joint honors degree in additional subjects, such as business or languages. Studying for a joint honors degree gives added skills and knowledge to transfer into the workplace.
5. Studies in accountancy and finance take a highly practical approach, giving meaningful experiences in business accounts and finance within simulated and real-life situations.
6. Many accounting and finance degrees offer an optional placement year, giving you opportunities to work in the industry and experience all aspects of an accounting career.
7. Some accounting and finance degrees offer a year overseas, allowing students to experience the differences in other cultures and gain knowledge of the global financial economy.
Mont Rose College in Ilford offers the BSc accounting and finance to London-based students and provides students with all the skills needed to launch a successful financial career. Contact us today or visit our website for further information.
Broaden your career horizons with an Accounting and Finance degree
Don’t be mistaken, studying accountancy doesn’t mean you have to become an accountant. Instead, you are opening up your career to vast opportunities, developing skills suitable for more than just the finance sector.
Of course, many people looking at an accounting and finance top-up degree are seeking a future in the finance sector. But you should always be aware that there are many other options available to you should you eventually decide that being an accountant isn’t the right role for you.
Find out about the accounting and finance top-up degree
Not everyone is suited for accountancy, so it’s good to know that you have other options when the time comes to pursue a career.
The possibilities are endless when you become a data analyst, as many sectors are now seeking data-driven individuals to join their businesses. This type of role requires meticulous attention to detail and the ability to gain insight from numerical data.
For instance, in sales and marketing, a data analyst may review website traffic to determine where visitors are coming from, and why certain web pages are more popular than others. This information can then be correlated with sales reports, indicating gaps that need to be improved for future sales.
Tax advisors play an important role in the private sector, helping businesses pay their taxes efficiently and ensuring that they take advantage of any tax benefits that they may not be aware of. Often tax advisors help companies when there is a change in the law or new government legislation.
In 2018, many tax advisors will be focusing on the Making Tax Digital for Business initiative that is set to come into full effect by 2020 Companies will work alongside tax advisors to ensure all software and processes are prepared for the digital handover.
If you’re good at finding the best deals, pursue a career as a purchasing manager. This exciting role involves seeking out suppliers to get the best deal on the equipment, goods, and services that allow a business to operate successfully.
You will get the chance to network and meet people from all walks of life in this position, building lasting relationships to ensure you always get the best deals. If you’re a people person, this is definitely the role for you.
Know more about accounting and finance top-up degree
Taking a top-up degree in accountancy won’t hinder your chances in the future; it will broaden your horizons and opportunities, instead. Speak to a member of our team today to find out about the accounting and finance top-up degree available at the Mont Rose College in Ilford.
Speak to a member of our team today to find out admission about the accounting and finance degree available at the Mont Rose College in Ilford. Here at Mont Rose College, we have created a reputable brand for Higher Education offering a unique learning environment, situated in the heart of Ilford, London. Mont Rose College paved its way to providing quality teaching and tailored student support.