If you happen to be an international student in the United Kingdom, there is immense scope for ensuring yourself a successful career ahead. The country is filled with ample opportunities to allow you to grow effectively. With a wide number of high-end educational institutions all around, you can consider opting for an esteemed university to complete your higher education. One such institution is the MR College in the United Kingdom, that delivers access to a wide number of impressive degree courses to students from different parts of the world. The UK is home to thousands of international students who arrive here from all across the globe. As per the latest stats, there are over 458,520 international students who are pursuing their higher education degrees from the leading UK universities & colleges. It has been observed that there has been around 16 percent increase in the granting of UK Students Visa since 2019.
International Students – Applying for Diploma in Education and Training in the UK
If you dream of enrolling yourself in a prestigious UK university or college as an international student, here are some tips from the experts
- Know About the Accommodation Options: While applying for any UK college or university, you should primarily inquire about the accommodation options that are made available to you. This will help you in narrowing down the available field of options while finding the required accommodation easily. You can browse the Internet to know about accommodation possibilities, depending on your preference and budget requirements. You should also check whether or not such facilities are provided by your chosen university or college.
- Plan for Your Funding: EU students are eligible for the benefits of Student Finance in the United Kingdom. Therefore, you need to ensure that you have the required finances to fund the respective degree or course. However, those who come from outside the EU, are not eligible to apply for the given loan. If you lack proper funds to finance your education in the UK, you might as well consider applying for scholarships or international student funding options.
- Organize the Student Visa: When you wish to study in the UK as an international student, you are required to hold a valid student visa. In case you plan to study in the UK for a period of fewer than 6 months, you will require a short-term student visa for the UK. If the course is going to last longer, then you can apply for the General or Tier-4 student visa.
- Prepare for the UK Life: As an international student in the United Kingdom, you need to note that the country is diverse on several factors –including the entire culture, lifestyle, and even food habits. As you enroll yourself in a high-end UK college or university, you will also come across other students from different parts of the world. For the best outcomes, you can search for Facebook Groups or the particular university student on-line forums. You can search for more information, like the weather conditions, food habits, daily routines, and so more easily on the Internet.
- Have your Health Insurance: All the international students, both from & outside the EU (European Union) are required to prove they have a valid health insurance plan. This insurance plan will be used for covering the costs of any healthcare needed during the entire stay in the country. When you are a candidate or aspiring student from outside the EU, you should consider applying for the healthcare insurance plan along with your visa application process. This would provide you proper access to the NHS as you continue living in the United Kingdom.
- Set Up Your Student Bank Account: When you intend to stay in the UK for several months, you should consider getting yourself a student bank account. This will make it simpler for you to process the payment of the necessary bills. This will help in keeping your money safe. At the same time, it will also help you avoid foreign currency charges that would be otherwise required to pay when you are a non-EU student.
- Ensure Cheaper International Calls: If you are worried about international calls costs, you should search for cheap mobile options or landline offers. Lebara or TalkTalk are ones of many phone companies, who offer cost effective packages to their customers.
- Analyze Public Transport: If you wish to save some extra money, using public means of transport is the best option, and bus services are proved to be the best and cheapest opt6ion to commute from one place to another. Big cities like London provide access to the underground system. Invest in one of long term travel-cards or bus passes to save extra money on transport.
Make the most of your time in the United Kingdom as an international student. Depending on your preference and budgetary options, you can get access to the best education system in the country. Inquire about your dream college and university and start preparing for the same in advance. Good Luck!