Are you planning to pursue your further studies in the United Kingdom? The country is one of the top 15 cities out of 120 featured in the QS Best Student Cities in 2019. This impressive ranking implies that the United Kingdom is home to the most sought-after destinations in the world by international students –even more than the United States of America.
With London topping the list amongst the best cities in the United Kingdom for international students, there are many more new entrants to the given list. Some of these include Sheffield (103rd rank), Bristol (97th rank), Leicester (118th rank), and Liverpool (106th rank). The ranking for the Best Student Cities is known to rate every entrant on several factors, including affordability, desirability, and students’ views.
When you wish to pursue higher education in the United Kingdom, choosing the right location can either make or break your overall experience as a student. With the right selection of a university for your Bachelor’s Degree course abroad, you can look forward to shaping your career effectively. For your ease, we have summed up a list of the top cities in the United Kingdom that are considered the best destinations for international students. Here are some:
- London: The overall charm of London cannot be denied. Rated the best city for international students, London is home to some of the highly esteemed mont. As per the QS World University Ranking 2020, London is home to as many as 18 top-rated institutions. Out of these, two institutions are mentioned in the global list as well. In addition to some of the top-class universities, the city is also home to various famous landmarks that are bringing visitors from all around the world.
- Edinburgh: The capital of Scotland, it has been marked 16th in the above mentioned list. The city is famous for its historic places and cultural events, of which the Edinburgh Fringe Festival is the most famous. The festival takes place every August and is known to draw thousands of tourists from all around the world. The city is renowned for housing the world-famous University of Edinburgh (with a ranking of 20 in the global rankings). For its students the city offers ample opportunities for enjoyment and entertainment.
- Manchester: Ranked 29th in the world, Manchester is yet another famous UK destination for the international students. The place is regarded as the mecca for all the music-lovers thank to its rich music culture. Several famous music bands were formed in Manchester, including The Smiths, Oasis, The Stone Roses, and Joy Division. In students’ reviews, the city has been described as the smaller, cheaper version of London. The highest-ranked institution in the city is the University of Manchester, which is a prestigious member of the renowned Russell Group.
- Glasgow: The city has managed to rise steeply when it comes to the world rankings, reaching the 39th To top it all, the city remains at the 4th place in the entire UK. Glasgow is famous for housing two esteemed universities that also come under the list of top 300 institutions in the World University Rankings. The famous universities here are the University of Glasgow and the University of Strathclyde. The city entertainment offer and nightlife is also impressive.
- Coventry: Entering the list of top 5 in the latest survey of UK, Coventry has gained the ranking of 47th place in the global rankings. Coventry is home to the world-renowned University of Warwick –holding 62nd place in the world rankings. The unique Arts Center of the University of Warwick is regarded as one of the largest art centers in the entire United Kingdom. There are several museums, art galleries and theatres across the city as well.
- Nottingham: With its 48th rank in the list of the Best Student Cities of the year, Nottingham is one of the most vibrant cities in the country. Also referred to as the “Queen of the Midlands,” the city has its proud connections with the prestigious Robin Hood legend. The city is home to two most reputed UK universities, including the University of Nottingham (96th ranking) and Nottingham Trent University.
- Birmingham: Birmingham ranks 49th as far as the overall global rankings are concerned. At the same time, in the United Kingdom, the city ranks at the 7th most popular among international students place. Birmingham is the 2nd largest city in the country and is famous for its centralized location.
The University of Birmingham is one of the most famous universities in the world. It is also featured in the list of top 100 universities as per the world rankings. The city is famous for its modern industrial heritage.
- Newcastle upon Tyne: Simply referred to as Newcastle, this UK city is another great option for international students. It has recently been marked at the 57th place when it came to world rankings. Newcastle is the largest city towards the north-eastern part of England. The city is also home to some of the famous institutions, including Newcastle University and Durham University.
- Aberdeen: Ranked at the 9th place in the UK ranking, Aberdeen has gained the 64th position in the world. The city is home to sprawling coastlines while providing great transport links to other parts of the country. The place is regarded as an ideal destination for those who love nature. The city is renowned for the University of Aberdeen –with its ranking at 194th place in the global ranking.
Make the most of your time in the United Kingdom by staying in a top-class city of the country. Depending on your choice of university or college, you can look forward to enjoying your time in this beautiful country.