About BTEC HND
Pearson is the UK’s largest and key awarding organization providing academic, vocational, and other essential work-based learning qualifications, including BTEC HND. BTECs are career-based qualifications that are designed to provide students with the practical, real-world skills needed to take the next step to higher education or put the foot into employment.
Classroom type teaching, along with the work-related activities and project tasks, assist to foster students’ employability skills that can involve creative thinking, teamwork, and presentation knowhow. Designed in assistance with industry leaders, BTEC Higher National Qualifications are available in a wide range of levels, sectors, and sizes to helps students go as far as they want to!
Levels of BTEC HND
BTECs are available at a wide range of levels— Level 1 to Level 7. Students have the prospect to study through all of the BTEC levels, with every level building on the last, to create a developing path into employment or higher education, like university study. Also, students can coalesce BTECs with other technical or academic qualifications, like A levels, to develop their own unique pathway.
The objective of BTEC Higher National in Business is to prepare students to become professional, self-reflecting individuals, capable of dealing with the changing demands and requirements of employers in the business industry and accustomed to a constantly ever-changing world.
The higher education qualifications are meant to broaden access to further education and increase the career possibilities of those who embark on them. The BTEC Higher Nationals at Mont Rose College are aimed at students who are inspired and looking to continue and expand their education through applied learning. BTEC HND offers a comprehensive study of the business industry and are designed exclusively for students to progress their career in business. Besides the knowledge, skills and understanding that fortify the study of the business field, Pearson BTEC higher national diploma in business at Mont Rose College give students experience of the depth and breadth of the sector that will equip them for further training or study.
Course Overview of BTEC HND
The key objectives of the BTEC Higher National in Business at Mont Rose College are as follows:
- To prepare students with business knowledge, skills and essential understanding to attain high performance in the international business environment.
- To provide necessary education and training for a wide range of careers in business, including administration, management, entrepreneurship, marketing, human resources, accounting and finance.
- To provide proper understanding and insight into worldwide business operations and the challenges and opportunities offered by a globalized marketplace.
- To equip students with knowledge, skills and understanding of culturally diverse organizations, values, diversity and cross-cultural issues.
- To enable students to develop the techniques, skills, and personal qualities necessary for successful working lives.
- To offer several opportunities for students to progress or step in employment in business, or progress to several other higher university degrees, such as Honours degree in Business or a related field.
- To let the students earn a nationally-recognized professional qualification.
- To provide opportunities for those students who have a global outlook and are aiming for international career paths.
- To offer the flexibility of studying (full time or part time) and meeting local or specialist requirements and demands. The time needed to do a full-time degree course takes merely two years, whereas part-time requires 3-4 years to complete.
- To offer students the opportunity of career headway in their preferred field.
- To offer a proper balance between employability knowledge and the skills necessary for students with academic, employment or entrepreneurial goals. We, at Mont Rose College, meet these objectives by—
- Equipping individuals with business skills, commercial expertise and understanding for success in a range of management and administrative roles in business.
- Providing a detailed grounding in business principles at Level 4 that guides the student to a choice of specialist progression paths at Level 5 related to individual professions in the business sector.
- Letting progression to a university degree by supporting the development of suitable academic study skills.
- Allowing progression to added professional qualifications in specific business fields by charting to units in a range of specialized business qualifications.
For Whom it is Suitable and Where Does it Lead?
The full time or part time BTEC Higher National in Business is designed for students planning to carry on their education by way of applied learning. Higher National Diplomas and Higher National Certificate offer an extensive study of the specific related area.
The BTEC HND is nationally as well as internationally recognized qualification all over the business world. It delivers a basic foundation in the key areas of business and management, leads to an enriched career and broadens opportunities. Pursuing HND from a recognized college like Mont Rose College offers automatic subject exemption from several professional qualifications.
On successful completion of the HND degree course, you can get easy access to the final year at any University Britain and abroad, or even directly keep your feet in the job market. The HND qualifications are professional courses that get you equipped with the practical skills and knowledge needed for particular areas of today’s competitive job marketplace
MRC offers following HND courses—
- HND in Business Accounting and Finance
- HND in Business Marketing
- HND in Health and Social Care
- HND in Healthcare management
- HND in Hospitality Management
Mont Rose College’s Degree courses are aimed at enabling students to progress from vocational programmes, such as Higher National Certificate and Higher National Diploma to Higher Education, topping up their qualifications to acquire full degrees. A BTEC Higher National Diploma at Mont Rose College is a two-year full-time career-focused professional qualification with the best academic and practical skills.