Mont Rose College is holding its seventh graduation ceremony
If you are graduating with pride, you must have received an email regarding the details of the ceremony. Once you have confirmed your presence, a confirmation an email with all the relevant information and details about the day, including venue and gown hire will be sent to your registered email.
The ceremony will take place on Friday 17th June 2022 from 1:30 pm onwards at City Gates Conference Centre, located 25 – 29 Clements Road, Ilford, IG11 BH.
The venue is just off the High Street in Ilford Town Centre. It is a quick 5-minute walk from Ilford Station, on the Great Eastern Main Line. The station is easily reachable via Stratford and Central London.
There are multiple bus routes serving Ilford Town Centre, including 86, 128, 169, 396, 679, plus many more. Buses that run through Clements Road (Redbridge Central Library) include 25, 123, 147, 462 and many others.
MRC official gowns can be hired through Ede and Ravenscroft.
Please click on: https://www.gownhire.co.uk/Gownhire/FindInstitution.aspx to hire your gown. You can also book photography service using the same link.
Please note that the deadline for hiring gowns is 8th June 2022.
Step-By-Step Guide on hiring your gown online
- Click on New Customer and you will be asked to Select Your Institution. Type in Mont Rose College then click Find and finally Submit
- You will then be asked to ‘Select Your Graduation’, click the drop down box and you will have the option 17thJune 2022. Select this option, then click Submit
- For gown hire click on HIRE / BUY.
- Select your height & size accordingly and click on Proceed with Gown Hire
- Under HOOD simply click on Proceed with Hood Hire
- Select your Hat size accordingly and click on Proceed with Hat Hire
- Click Add to Bag
- Double check all the items you have selected and once satisfied with the order please click Proceed to Checkout
- If you are a New Customer click Create an Account and fill in the details accordingly. If you already have an account from your previous graduation under Registered Customer click Sign In and proceed accordingly.
Booking Your Space
If you are graduating with pride on this day, you would have already been contacted. Once you have confirmed, you will have to fill out a form with your details as well as that of your guests.
Please ensure you include the following information when filling out the form:
Department you are graduating from
Course and Session
You can hire your gown as detailed above and you can simultaneously organise your photography service for the day. There are packages available that include both services that you may select from accordingly.
The registration is free of charge. This includes you and one additional guest (over 18 only). Seating arrangements will be confirmed on the event day.
On The Day
Doors open at 11am.
Collect your tickets from the ticket collection desk inside the venue.
You will be able to collect your tickets 2 hours before the start of the ceremony from the ticket collection desk.
Collect your gown from Ede & Ravenscroft’s counter at the venue.
You will be able to collect your gown 2 hours before the start of the ceremony.
Have your professional photograph taken by Ede & Ravenscroft.
The officially approved photographers are Ede & Ravenscroft. Their staff will be present at the venue.
Please arrive at the Main Reception on the Ground Floor at least 2 hours before the ceremony. All graduates and guests must be seated 30 minutes before the ceremony start time.
Please note latecomers will not be admitted, so it is very important for you to allow plenty of time to travel to the venue.
All ticket holders are welcome to enjoy live music from a classical orchestra with light refreshments along with their guests.
What to Wear
The Graduation Ceremony is a formal occasion and we request graduates and their guests to dress appropriately. Academic gown is compulsory to attend the ceremony.
Jeans, sweatshirts, trainers, etc. are not acceptable forms of dress for the Graduation Ceremony.
Mont Rose College
Mont Rose House
Address: 412-416 Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill
Postcode: IG2 6NQ
Tel: 020 8556 5009
Umber Mokal (Event Manager)
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1029
For Gown Hire:
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1013
Others to Contact
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1039
Tel: 020 8556 5009, ext. 1003
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- It is your responsibility to read through, understand the Terms and Conditions below and contact the College if you have any queries.
- Attendance is subject to venue capacity and Mont Rose College holds the right to delay or defer a student’s attendance to a later ceremony should this be necessary to stay within the lines of the venue’s health and safety requirements.
- Confirmation is subject to space and availability and you will be contacted once your seat has been finalised.
- Late confirmations are subject to availability and cancellations.
- If you have not confirmed your attendance by 13thMay 2022, you will be put on a waiting list and your place will be subject to cancellations. Alternatively, anyone eligible to attend who is not able to attend this time will be on a priority list for our next ceremony.
- All attendees must confirm their details with the College, as well as their guests’ in order to attend, so that they can comply with security requirements.
- Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be transferred to a different attendee or ceremony.
- Academic dressing is compulsory for all graduates attending the ceremony.
- Gown bookings can be made using the method detailed above.
- Graduates are responsible for hiring and paying for their own gown, hat and photography.
- Mont Rose College reserves the right to refuse admittance to graduates who are not wearing the academic dress, or who are inappropriately dressed.
- Mont Rose College’s Graduation Ceremony will be professionally filmed and a photographer will be present.
- Both footage and photographs may be used by the College for media publications, advertising and future graduation promotions.
- By registering to attend the ceremony and purchasing guest tickets, graduates are given permission for the recording, transmission and use of images (both still and moving) of the graduate and their guests. Mont Rose College retains all rights in any images.
- Graduates and guests are asked not to use flash photography during the ceremony so as not to disturb other guests or affect the professional filming of photography.
- By registering to attend, graduates give permission for their name to be printed in the graduation program and on the graduation booklet that is published by Mont Rose College.
- Graduation is a formal occasion and as per venue guidelines, no guest under the age of 18 is allowed to attend.
- Graduates must inform the Events Team of any special requirements, including dietary, at their earliest convenience. Graduates must include as much information as possible in their requests to ensure that it can be accommodated appropriately.
- It is the responsibility of the graduate to ensure that their contact details are kept up to date on their student record, as the Events Team will invite graduates to attend via phone calls and email addresses on their student record.
- Mont Rose College is not responsible if invitations are not received by graduates because their contact details are not kept up to date.
- Degree certificates are not presented on stage at Graduation Ceremony. Instead, as soon as your certificate is ready, we will contact you to ask if you would like it posted or you would like to collect it in person.
- Mont Rose College has the right to refuse entry to both graduates and guests at Graduation events.
- Mont Rose College reserves the right to ask any person to leave the premises if they are acting in a manner, which, in the opinion of the College, may cause a breach of peace and/or cause harm to others or cause damage to the premises.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Events Team can only discuss a graduation ceremony with the graduate. Information cannot be disclosed to anyone other than the graduate.
- All students’ names will be taken directly from the student records system.
- If graduates do not wish for their names to appear on the programme or on merchandise, they must inform the Events Team in writing by email by no later than 13thMay 2022.
- If a graduation ceremony cannot take place or is delayed due to circumstances beyond the control of Mont Rose College, the College will not be liable for any losses directly, or otherwise, incurred by graduates and their guests. This includes, but is not limited to: fires, explosions, terrorist acts (or threat of terrorist act), an act of God, pandemics, industrial action or dispute involving Mont Rose College, or the venue at which the ceremonies are due to be held.
- Should you not wish to attend a graduation ceremony, you will have still graduated upon successful completion of your course.
- Though it is expected that at the time of the ceremony, restrictions will serve as guidelines instead of requirements, all ceremony attendees have a social responsibility to take caution in regard to the Covid-19 pandemic. The College encourages all attendees to maintain safe distancing from one another and wear masks to protect themselves, as well as others.
- When registering attendance, graduates will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions and will not be able to purchase tickets without doing this.
- Mont Rose College confirms that failure to comply with the above Terms and Conditions may result in a graduate losing their place at the Graduation ceremony.
Down the memory lane
History of Graduation Ceremonies
The tradition of graduation dates back 800 years. This initiated with establishment of first universities in Europe in the 12th century. The language of instruction was Latin and so was the medium of discourse in the ceremonies.
Graduation ceremonies are more relevant in present times, they signify as a landmarks and are of great importance to the institutions as well as the students.
Mont Rose College follows the tradition and is holding its sixth graduation ceremony in June 2022.
Mont Rose college graduation days through the years