Choosing the right course can always be a challenge. Education is precious. The course you study will have a significant impact on your entire life. Moreover, you wouldn’t want to waste your money on something worthless and futile. As education is a kind of investment, you would certainly like to invest in something worthwhile. But the tons of terms used to describe courses and the plethora of colleges out there may make you feel baffled and doubtful.
You need not be perplexed by these thoughts, as we are all set to help you choose the right course and have a future of your dreams. Many students who are interested in a work-oriented course are often confused between the Higher National Diploma (HND) and Diploma courses. Therefore, in this article, we are providing you with information about both, the HND and Diploma courses, so that you can find the difference between the two and make the final decision.
Know About Higher National Diploma to Discern The Difference Between HND And Diploma
- Higher National Diploma (HND) is a vocational, work-related course provided by higher education institutions in the United Kingdom.
- The HND is equal to level 5 qualification according to the National Qualification Framework (NQF).
- This system of education is valid in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- You get a Higher National Certificate (HNC) by the end of one year in this course.
- If done full time, it takes two years to complete the course. On the other hand, you can also choose to do it part-time, in which case it will take three to four years to complete the course.
- This course equips you with practical skills, and thus it prepares you for a career in the workplace.
- The Higher National Diploma is equal to the first two years of a three-year degree course. After obtaining your HND, you can directly join the third year of a full degree programme and gain a degree.
- It is an undergraduate qualification, much like a degree.
- In terms of the number of credit hours, HNC is valued for 120+ credit points on the completion of 8 units. HND is valued for 240 credit points with the completion of at least 15 units.
- The required educational qualification is to have an A BTEC Level 3.
- In sectors such as health and social care, hospitality and business marketing, an HND qualification is much more valued than a Bachelor’s Degree.
- The classes are evaluated through practical tasks, projects and assignments done during the study.
- HND courses are available in a wide range of fields like Business Marketing, Business Accounting and Finance, Hospitality Management, Healthcare Management, Media and Communication, Fashion and Technology, Graphic Design, and many more.
Know About Diploma Courses to Discern The Difference Between HND And Diploma
The diploma courses are designed and developed to equip students with essential practical skills and relevant knowledge, helping them to perform efficiently in their workspace.
- By completing this course, you will get to do respectable jobs, achieve promotions and thus have a rewarding career.
- The diploma courses will enhance your abilities and skills, and so they will allow you to carry out your works and tasks efficiently.
- By completing this course, you are on an easy road to achieving your life goals and dream job. It is much better than any other certificate courses.
- These courses equip trainee teachers, helping them to teach in a wide range of contexts.
Educational qualifications of level 3 diplomas are internationally accepted and recognised.
- The graduate diploma is equal to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- This course imparts industry-focused knowledge.
- Intensive internships are integral parts of a diploma course will enable you to cultivate skills and talents that are currently required.
Why Is It Best to Choose Mont Rose College to Pursue Your HND and Diploma Courses
We are an educational institution that is working hard to provide the best of education to our recruited students. We fully understand their needs, and therefore the courses we offer for HND and diplomas are career-oriented. We have the best academic staff, who are well experienced in their respective fields. We are always ready to impart advice and provide the needed help whenever required. In our campus, we make sure there are equality and access for all, no matter from where they come. We are flexible with the study and training programmes, so you can study at your own pace and time.
Applying to our institute is a stress-free process. All you have to do is contact our Admission staff and they will happily address all your queries and assist you with all the enrollment stages. Come to our main campus in Gants Hill (412-416Eastern Avenue, IG2 6NQ) or visit our website: www.mrcollege.ac.uk for more information