What Is a BTEC Higher National Diploma?
A BTEC Higher National Diploma is a business and technology based higher education qualification in the United Kingdom. It is part of the RQF (Regulated Qualification Framework) in the UK and is an employment-related vocational course.
What Is a BTEC Higher National Diploma Equivalent To?
The BTEC Higher National Diplomas are level 4 and level 5internationally recognized qualifications, equal to the first and second years of a Bachelor’s Degree programme.
Why Should You Choose to Study A BTEC Higher National Diploma Course?
Young people know what to choose for their lives. What exactly is essential to most of them is that they just don’t look at a course title, they look at the course content, and if they do not find it relevant and if that doesn’t incorporate globalisation and new technologies, then they are going to turn those down and go to another provider. It is very much in own centres’ interest to make sure that their portfolio includes these highly relevant, highly innovative, up to date programmes. Here’s what a BTEC HND course may offer:
- The most exciting feature of this course is that by the time you complete your HND programme you will be having two qualifications in hand: a Higher National Certificate (HNC) and a Higher National Diploma (HND). By the end of the first year, you gain the level 4 HNC which is a stand-alone qualification in its own right.
- HND courses are beneficial for both, new students who want to start a career, and also for those who are already in a profession but seeking opportunities to develop their career.
- Higher Nationals are vital, because they are usually all-encompassing qualifications. Not only do they give students the academic knowledge, they also have the employability built-in to them. As they are vocational, the courses have got a more practical context.
- The BTEC HND courses are flexible. Therefore a student can opt to study it either full time, spending 21 hours a week in the classroom, or part-time.
- The Higher National qualification is a blend of formal learning and the opportunity to engage with employers, take part in activities and have actual conversations with people from the real world, government departments and business.
- As HND are level 4 and level 5, the graduates can pursue further in their studies by directly joining the third year of a Bachelor’s Degree with full honours programme.
- The course in itself is designed with industry partners who then give you an insight into the course and their companies as well.
- Once they see your HND qualifications, the employers will be assured that you have enough theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- The major feature of the course is the variety of areas of business that you can choose to study. You can do modules in law, accounting, HR, marketing, and even organizational behavior, therefore, you can get to understand different areas of business. The opportunity to go into further studies, specialize and even start your own company is high.
- HND courses are available for all industrial sectors, such as agriculture, computing and IT, construction and civil engineering, health and social care, business and management, distribution and hospitality management, photography, business marketing, hospitality management, business accounting and finance and more.
- For candidates to apply for an HND course, the essential requirement is to have an A level qualification or an equivalent.