What Is a Degree?
Cambridge Dictionary of English defines as Degree And Diploma as “a course of study at a college or university, or the qualification given to a student after he or she has completed his or her studies”.
- There are four types of degree course:-
- Associate degree
- Undergraduate degree/ Bachelors degree
- Postgraduate degree/Masters degree
- Doctorate degree
- To qualify for a degree course, you should have passed a higher secondary examination. Other requirements vary, based on the course you select.
- You can earn up to 180 credit hours on completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- To complete a degree course you have to study three to four years at a university or college, depending on the subject you choose.
- You can also choose to further your studies by completing a Master’s degree,
- Admissions for degree courses happen once a year.
Benefits of Choosing a Degree Programme
- You get to gain both, theoretical and practical knowledge. As part of the programme, you have complete a three to six month internship that will prepare you well for the future professional career.
- After completion a degree course you get comprehensive knowledge and specialisation in the subject you have chosen to study.
- A degree programme offers you a lot job opportunities. You will have an upper hand in choosing jobs if you have a degree.
- While studying you learn a lot of skills, like communication, critical thinking and analytical skills.
What Is a Diploma?
A diploma is a certificate issued by an educational institution to a student after completing a particular course.
- There are three types of diplomas:-
- The diploma programmes are more technical than degree courses.
- Diplomas are lesser in value than a degrees, but more detailed than a certificate programmes.
- A diploma course will give you detailed knowledge and study about the specific field of interest.
- To enroll for a diploma course you have to have passed a high school examination.
- Diploma courses are more career-focused and thereby giving you the skills needed to enter the professional life.
- Admission to diploma courses happens either yearly or half-yearly.
- Diploma courses take one to two years to complete.
Benefits of Pursuing a Diploma Programme
- As the curriculum of diploma courses is designed with a career perspective, apart from theory, you will gain in-depth practical knowledge in the field.
- Because employers want more and more people with expertise and practicality, it is more likely that you will get job offers.
- The tuition fees for diploma courses are comparatively lower compared to degree programmes. If you are looking for a course that will give you specialised training at a relatively low price, diplomas could be the right choice.
- Diplomas can be completed in a short period of time, enabling you to enter the working world much earlier.
- The courses offered are flexible in timings. You can either choose to do it full-time or part-time.
Degree and Diploma Courses Comparison
- Diplomas prepare you for a career faster than degree courses.
- The job opportunities are higher after degree courses compared to diplomas.
- If you want to work abroad, degree programmes would be a better choice.
- Diplomas are more technical than degree courses.
- Degree holders are paid better than diploma courses graduates.
- Diplomas are flexible in timing, whereas the degree programmes are more rigid.
Degree and Diploma Courses Available at MRC
Mont Rose College offers a wide range of degree and diploma courses. For information on how to enroll visit the college website: www.mrcollege.ac.uk
Bachelor’s Degree courses:
- BSc (Hons) Computing
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- LLB (Hons) Law
Master’s Degree courses:
- Master of Business Administration
Higher National Diploma courses:
- Business Marketing
- Hospitality Management
- Health and Social Care
You can choose MONT ROSE COLLEGE as a trusted institution to pursue your higher education. Now that you have learnt the nuances of both programmes, you can make better decisions. Whichever path you choose, MRC is glad to help you on your journey to success.
Don’t delay, apply today