What Is A Finance Degree?
Finance is a broad term which includes a lot of aspects. In general it refers to acquiring and handling of money. It may denote public finance, corporate finance and also personal finance.
It is obvious that finance plays a significant role in everyday life, and it will never become obsolete, as people will never stop using finances and funds. An undergraduate degree in finance will give you basic knowledge in all the financial aspects.
Advantages of Studying for a Finance Degree
- This course offers knowledge about two main things: the financial market and financial services.
- This curriculum is distinct because of the following reasons:
- It embraces the technology in a significant way, whether it is artificial intelligence, coding, algorithms and electronic trading in financial markets.
- Social science emphasis. The course doesn’t just teach you on strategy, leadership and accounting. The finance degree includes topics to help the students understand the broader context within which a business operates, so they know what impacts business have on society. That social scientific perspective is very important, as it aids in creating rounded individuals. Therefore you are not just a person who is good at technical stuff and crunching numbers, but a professional who can think about the impact that those numbers have on society. Moreover learning accounting along with finance is also a great thing to do, as accounting is the common language of business.
- London is one of the biggest financial cities in the world, which means that there is a very high demand for people with excellent knowledge and deep command of the financial as well as operating activities of businesses.
- Finance graduates have the highest scopes for job opportunities. Because every industry and sector deals with finances, you can start your career in almost any field of your choice, especially in fields like investment banking, wealth management, capital market, private equity, public sectors, insurance companies, retail management and many other areas. It also means that you would be offered with jobs with a fair amount of salary.
- Most of the Accounting and Finance courses have an optional placement year. Therefore within a year of work experience, you will gain professional qualifications to excel in the specified field.
- After graduation, you can also pursue an academic study in a related range of subjects.
- The Accounting and Finance degree programme is designed to ensure that its graduates have an excellent, solid understanding and knowledge of fundamental accounting, financial and other business concepts that would help them in their future careers. It also aims at developing skills you are going to need for your future career. Potential employers often say that, although a good academic knowledge is required, they are looking for specific skills such as the ability to communicate or think outside the box. And these are the sort of skills that we at MONT ROSE COLLEGE try to help you develop over the years of your study.
- Within our department, we have excellent links with industry and with professional organisations.
- Apart from learning practical aspects, like risk management and analytical skills, you will also gain strong theoretical knowledge, understanding of industry practices and principles and knowledge about the stock market, trade and investment.
Why Should You Choose MONT ROSE COLLEGE to Pursue a Degree in Finance
The foremost reason is that we are keenly interested in preparing you for the industry. Moreover, you can study in a light and enjoyable atmosphere, meet amazing friends from around the world and learn from the professionals who have expertise in their area, who will help you to understand how your studies will fit with the real-world context. For the entry requirements and to enroll, please visit our website: www.mrcollege.ac.uk.